Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 27 - May 30, 2013

Weight:            242.8 lbs.
Body Fat %:     34%
Composition:    82.5 lbs fat / 160 lbs. lean body mass
H20 %:            47.5%  (115 lbs )

Hard to know what to take seriously about the scale, but looks like body fat is sliding down a  bit.

I made a change to the smoothies.  I stopped using plain yogurt.  The sourness and lack of sweetness was sucking the sweetness out of the other ingredients.  Every smoothie so far hasn't been bad, but definitely didn't taste good.  They've been kind of bland.  I made today's shake with non-fat vanilla yogurt.  There was also watermelon and strawberries.  It tasted great, like nice fresh fruit.  Still tying to finish off the watermelon.  I bought a medium one over a week ago, and its lasting forever. I thought this shake would finish it off, but there's still some left for another shake tomorrow. This particular shake had so few calories (92) that I  wondering if that was enough, so I added extra whey to it. There's not any fat except for the 2% milk, and I don't usually like to start the day with too much fruit.  Maybe I'll add peanut butter or something next time.

I finally ate the last of the jambalaya for lunch.  For dinner I made chili in the slow cooker and headed to the gym. There's lots of beans, protein and fiber in the chili, not the gym.

After working out, I realized I had left my usual after workout meal (12 oz. chocolate milk) at home.  Lucky for me it was demonstration/exhibit day in the lobby of the gym.  I ingested several cocktails of free nutritional supplement samples.  I don't really know what was in them.  I asked a few questions, but did not get a ton of details in return.  If I fail any PED tests, I'll know where to look for answers.

I stopped at three different tables.  I think I drank two  protein shakes (sample sized), plus an amino blend, possibly of the branched-chain variety.  Again, I don't really know for sure.  Either way, it was the best day ever to have forgotten my post workout drink.

I made a side salad to go with the chili for dinner.  There were also a couple of pizza bread bite things that were also free samples from the gym lobby.  My wife got to eat the sample of steak taco I brought home (Baja Fresh).

 I don't remember dessert, I never wrote it down.  It was probably some fruit and nuts, right?


Breakfast:
1 serving Endless Summer Smoothie: milk, watermelon, strawberries, yogurt and whey.


Lunch:
1 1/3 laddles brown rice
2.5 laddles of leftover jambalaya


Mid-afternoon snack:
1 serving Endless Summer Smoothie


Post workout meal:
Post workout cocktail of free nutritional supplement samples (one was something about amino acids or branched chains, two were protein drinks, I think)


Dinner:
bowl of of salad: romaine lettuce w/ balsamic vinaigrette
2/3 bowl of chili w/ a dollop of sour cream and tbsp of shredded cheese
4 Domino's parmesan bread bites (part of the free sample palooza of earlier)
16 oz of water w/ lime juice
16 oz of water


 Dessert:
?????


we'll see what the scale says tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment