Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 32 - June 4, 2013

Weight:           241.4 lbs.
Body Fat %:     34%
Composition:    82 lbs fat / 159.4 lbs. lean body mass
H20 %:            47.5%  (114.5 lbs )


I'm going to continue to document the scale and fat analysis, but I'm rarely going to address it.  The jumps in the numbers seem kind of ridiculous.  According to my Tanita scale, in the last 3 days I gained 4 lbs of fat and lost 6 lbs of muscle, during a period in which I have been working out, including lifting weights.  That's just silly.

I know I said no more oatmeal smoothies, but I tried again.  Today's Blackberry Smoothie with oatmeal was better, still not good, but better.  For lunch I finished off the leftover chili.  I smoked a pork butt (shoulder) yesterday. Now pardon the pun, but that bird has come home to rouse. The anticipation of the deliciousness is unbearable.  I bought whole grain buns from Trader Joe's.  I also bough some honey wheat buns, just in case the whole grain buns overpower or clash with the delicious BBQ pulled pork.  I couldn't risk it. I made tonight's sandwiches on the honey wheat rolls and cover the pulled pork with thick sweat BBQ sauce.  I worry the sauce may have a lot sugar, but its so delicious and I don't use that much. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm! Well, there's lots of protein from the meat.  Yes, and some fat.  It's BBQ season!

I didn't make it to the gym today until after dinner time.  There was quite a number of people there for a Tuesday night in June.  Maybe they're all here for the same reason I am.  They spent all day barbecuing in their backyards too?

So this week' cheat meal will be Friday or Saturday.  I'm going to make BBQ nachos with the pulled pork and have a beer or two for one meal, then it's back on the grind. 


Breakfast:
1 serving Check Your Blackberry Smoothie: oatmeal, mixed berries, yogurt, whey and flaxseeds

Mid-morning Snack:
1 serving Check Your Blackberry Smoothie

Lunch:
Last of the remaining chili

Dinner:
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich on Honey Wheat Bun
carrots
hummus

Post Workout Meal:
12 oz chocolate milk

Dessert:
Uneaten remnants of a PB&J



we'll see what the scale says tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment