Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 45 - June 17, 2013

Weight:            241.2 lbs.
Body Fat %:     31%
Composition:   74.8 lbs fat / 166.4 lbs. lean body mass
H20 %:            48.5%  (117 lbs )


I was very permissive with my diet today.  I just let things go. I'm still not focused.

I had a Bobbie from Capriotti's  for lunch today.  The Bobbie is like Thanksgiving on a roll (turkey, cranberry and dressing).  Dinner was served at Mr. Lucky's 24/7 @ the Hard Rock Hotel.  The 777 Steak and Shrimp Special (flat iron steak, mashed potatoes, shrimp, and salad with croutons and blue cheese dressing) is a favorite.  You can tell how the economy is doing when you eat it.  The more tender your steak comes, the better things are going.  And vice versa.  Apparently, the market must have taken a fall that day.  The shrimp, mashed potatoes and salad are always the same though, except this time they changed up the croutons.  Less crunchy, more buttery. Not sure if they were better or worse or just different.

I started the morning at the gym, but not working out. I re-upped my membership at Gold's Gym, dropping the MMA membership for basic.  I'll save a couple bucks a month.  New memberships comes with orientation with PT (Physical Training) guy.  Since I've been paying attention to the latest info since 1997, we had a pretty productive back and forth.  His biggest recommendation was to add more carbs to my diet.  Not sure how I feel about that.  He went into how adding a pound of muscle burns an extra 50 calories a day.  Thus, adding 10 lbs of muscle burns an extra 500 calories a day.  That's more calories than most gym workouts or meals. My new goal is to put the emphasis on building muscle.

PT guy described how long cardio sessions can be detrimental, and lead to the body breaking down muscle, instead of building it.  His advice was pretty similar to advice found in the Abs Diet book.  Use HIT (High Intensity Training) intervals for cardio.

Today's workout (brisk walking) was optional, but the lack of focus on diet was not acceptable. I got home, then went back out and drove to Sonic for half price (after 8pm) ice cream shakes.



Breakfast:
1 serving PB&J Smoothie Smoothie: yogurt, milk, peanut butter, banana, strawberries and whey

Lunch:
1/2 - 12" Bobbie from Capriotti's
16 oz water

Mid-morning Snack:
1 serving PB&J Smoothie Smoothie

Dinner:
Steak and Shrimp Special from Mr. Lucky's 24/7:  flat iron steak, shrimp, mashed potatoes and a salad
48 oz diet coke
4, maybe 5,  crackers

Dessert:
Strawberry Shake from Sonic


we'll see what the scale says tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment